Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sugar Hand Scrub

Woo! I'm back! Its been a busy couple of weeks but I had a ton of fun. I sure will miss my niece and her parents. Until next time! On to the crafts:

This year for Christmas, I wanted to do as many hand made gifts as possible. One of the gifts I settled on was a sugar scrub for hands. I made it for my sister in law. Its super simple, and super nice. Here's what you do: take about 1 cup of sugar and pour it into a bowl. Then add soap (I used Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay. Smells great and has beautiful colors!). Any kind of soap will do. Then using a spoon, mix it until it has a consistency thats grainy but still liquid. I don't have any pictures of this while I was doing it. Sorry!

After you've mixed your scrub, take some jars or containers and spoon it in. I found my jars at Wal Mart for about $2 each. They were the perfect size and they look pricier than they are. Look in the kitchen section if you need some cute little jars. I've also put them into leftover canning jars from my wedding. Tie some ribbon around the top and you're good to go!





I also printed up some tags and backed them on coordinating cardstock. Cute, yet simple. My sister in law loved them!


No comments:

Post a Comment